New Features (for previous Quick View Plus 13 Standard users)
- Microsoft Project Gantt chart support. Ability to view Gantt chart and task information.
- Metadata view. Provides the ability to view metadata associated with a file. Separate viewing pane will be displayed.
- Auto search. Provides the ability to automatically search for information in a file. Select a different file and the search criteria is carried over for each subsequent file.
- Track Changes view for Microsoft Word documents
- View text that has been inserted or deleted. Inserted text will be displayed in red and will be underlined. Deleted text will be displayed in red and contain a strikethrough.
- Track Changes content will be displayed in the document at the location of each insertion or deletion.
- Track Changes content will use the same font and font size currently used in the document at the point in the document where the insertion or comment was made. The Track Changes option must have been enabled when the document was saved in Microsoft Word in order for the Quick View Plus to view the Track Changes content.
- View hidden text in Microsoft Word documents. Microsoft Word has an option available under the Font controls that allows a user to hide specific text from view. Quick View Plus will be able to view this content within the view window. As a result, users will be able to see where the hidden content exists and in what context compared to the surrounding text.
- Speaker Notes view for Microsoft PowerPoint presentations. Only the speaker notes for the slide currently being viewed will be displayed in a separate pane below the main view window.
- View comments in PowerPoint presentations. Display comments in PowerPoint on a per slide basis in a separate pane to the right of the main view window.
- Ability to bulk configure options during deployment*
- A network administrator can set the default for QVP options using the keyword/value pairs shown below:
- LShowHiddenContent=ON ;
OFF will hide hidden content
- ShowHiddenCells=ON ;
OFF will keep hidden cells from being visible
- ShowSpeakerNotes=ON ;
OFF will hide speaker notes
- ShowMetadata=ON ;
OFF will hide the metadata pane
- ResetOnNewWindow=OFF ;
- ON will reset the options every time a new Quick View Plus window is created.
- ShowComments=ON ;
OFF will hide PowerPoint comments.
* It will only affect fresh installs and can’t be used as part of a maintenance script to reset the user’s preferences. Once a user changes an option through the Quick View Plus user interface, their preference will take precedence over the administrator’s default setting.
- Configure MIME types
A network administrator can configure additional MIME types to be handled by the browser integrations in Quick View Plus or remove the ones that are configured by default via a deployment script.